frequently asked questions
Yes! But we’d be doing you a disservice if that’s all we provided you.
Logos come alive with all of the “parts” that go with them. Fresh photography, a distinct color palette, recommended fonts for print and web applications, and consistent language all contribute to the overarching design of your brand that makes you more recognizable over time.
Our approach to branding is an overall kickstart to your image so you can launch with a fresh look from every corner of your organization. Trust us, it’s worth it to do this up front so you don’t have to scramble going back to revise your materials months down the road.
Yes! But please know, we’re not programmers. We’re designers.
We custom style professionally-developed themes to fit our clients’ brands. No reinventing the wheel, no waiting double the time for development. We approach your site with your unique intentions in mind – which can include easy-to-edit text and images, blogging capabilities, donate buttons, and the ability to promote events.
“But couldn’t I buy a theme on my own?”
Yes, you sure could! Our clients come to us because they’re tired of the DIY, can’t seem to finish writing page copy, and don’t have a cohesive brand to make their site look “custom.” If you trust us with your website, we’ll manage the project from superfun brainstorming, planning the structure, developing the content, and finishing it off with a well-branded, polished look and feel.
As much as we love non-profits, we are not exclusive! We started this business as a means to provide creative services to many non-profit organizations who simply couldn’t afford to employ a full time marketing team. We describe our ideal client as:
- having a clear purpose
- passionate about the long-term impact their products or services provide
- care about the people they serve before their bottom line
- wanting to increase results from their marketing efforts to expand their impact and/or influence
- desiring creative strategy and or production taken off their plate of responsibility
If you said “that’s me!” to more than a couple of those points, we’d likely be a great fit.
Don’t you feel it when you’re being sold something? Suddenly the human connection disappears and you feel like a potential number on a sales report. You change the channel, you walk away, you click to close, you disengage. We sometimes struggle even using the term “marketing” because it almost cheapens the amazing work you’re doing.
Our approach to marketing is to speak to your audience in the form of an invitation.
We focus our energy on getting extremely clear on who you are, what you do and what bigger movements you are a part of in the world. The foundation of this approach is solid branding. We believe when you speak from a place of clear identity and passion, you don’t have to “sell” anyone to engage with you.
We keep our pricing transparent so you know you’re getting as much value as possible for your dollar. We estimate projects up front based on the ratio of assets provided by you and what we’ll be creating from scratch.
A la Carte Projects
- Design production is billed at $100/hour for a la carte projects.
- We only bill for design production because it’s the easiest way for us to estimate the cost properly up front so you won’t get any suprise invoices for extra time.
- We don’t bill for administrative tasks: initial consultations, follow up phone calls, or print quoting or ordering.
If you have several projects in mind for the next few months or ongoing work needed, we recommend working on retainer.
- Design production is billed $75/hour for retainer clients.
- We set due dates for each project by the first of the month and allot time for each piece.
- If we finish a project under our time estimate, we’ll let you know we have room to bump something up sooner from the following month.
- Helpful for sticking to monthly marketing budgets.
We worked hard to put together tiered package pricing for both branding and websites that keeps your budget in mind. Contact us for a rate sheet – we’d be happy to customize a package for your needs.
This is a very important question to us!
We project completion dates based on the following:
- Standard turnaround times (varies by project, with weekly updates)
- Our schedule capacity
- The amount of assets you can provide us (copy, photography, examples of previous materials, etc)
- Your requested completion date
Rushed work isn’t our favorite type of work, but we’d be happy to discuss an urgent request with you and see how we can make it work!
We work hard to take things off your plate as much as possible, but the nature of this work often requires client insight and contribution.
We may ask you for things like:
- vision, values, mission statement, or other copy
- imagery or photographs
- login credentials
- feedback and approval on proofs